Saturday, September 3, 2011

Speaking of Writing...

One of my stories, Shadows Lost, has just been released as part of RuneWright publishing's latest anthology, Spirit Legends: Of Ghosts and Gods, edited by Christopher Ficco.



It was great finding a home for Shadows Lost, a story about a troubled neuroscientist who elicits an out of body experience in a research setting but doesn't find what she expects.  The tale borders science fiction, fantasy and the paranormal without settling in one genre, which was why I was so glad to find an anthology open to this type of story.

Thanks to Christopher for accepting my story in his publication.

This isn't my first published work involving a neurophysiology lab.  I was fortunate enough to be involved with an excellent neurophysiology research team at the Royal Ottawa Hospital and they offered me a co-authorship on one of the projects I worked on.  The lab experience I gained working with them was invaluable in putting together the setting for this story.

On a whim, I checked to see if I was a findable author on Amazon now that the anthology has been released.  It turns out I am, providing one is willing to accept that they misspelled my name as "Various" in the author section.

I'll bet this never happened to Stephen King. :)

2 comments:

  1. "...a terrific accomplishment.... being published and paid is a great step... ...atta boy..."
    -Various

    ReplyDelete